|Born into the world of professional wrestling, it seems natural that Cheerleader Melissa would end up following in the footsteps of her father. Watching her dad wrestle when she was still a youngster left an indelible impression on Melissa...one that has driven her her to become a rising star in the sport. Gaining recognition initially as manager of the popular Ballard Brothers tag team, Melissa leveraged that success--along with plenty of hard work and training--to make her way to the top of the West Coast women's rankings. A recent tour of Japan brought Melissa to the attention of a world-wide audience...and a top spot in the Women's Division is not far off.|| ||
Cheerleader Melissa's Profile...
- Height: 5' 8"
- Weight: 142
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Eyes: Dark Brown
- Hometown: Los Angeles, CA (USA)
Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/glorywre/public_html/WrestlerProfileLayout.asp on line 146
- Years In Wrestling: -345 months
- How It Started: I was born into the business. My Father wrestled professionally from 1984-1986. I still can remember sitting next to my mother watching Dad wrestle. Since then, we have always kept in contact with our friends and family in the business. Growing up, I was very athletic. I competed in sports such as amateur wrestling and martial arts. Being around the business so much, I too became interested in becoming a professional wrestler. Dad supported me in whatever I wanted to do. So I began training, and I realized that this was something I wanted to take seriously. I first trained in a smaller pro wrestling school. Chris Daniels was one of my trainers at the time. He is one of the wrestlers I have always looked up to. My debut show was on August 17, 1999. Since then, I have continued to wrestle and train. At first, I managed the Canadian tag team of The Ballard Brothers. Together, we traveled across the country on many memorable shows and tours. I finally moved up to the Bay Area to be a part of All Pro Wrestling based in Hayward, CA. That is where I received the best training one could ask for. I received training under Robert Thompson and American Dragon. I improved tremendously over a short amount of time and had an opportunity to shine as a singles wrestler.
- Gimmick: I’m best known for being "Cheerleader" Melissa.
- Wrestling Style: My style is combined Japanese, technical, power, amateur, and a little high flying.
- Gear/Outfit/Costume: My outfits vary from time to time, but the cheerleader outfits are always a huge hit!
- Biggest Win: My Arsion debut match as Team US Invasion.
- Worst Loss: It would have to be my first singles loss in Arsion. After twelve-straight wins since debuting, I was forced to submit in a match with Mariko Yoshida. Since she is considered one of the top female wrestlers in the world, it was an honor just being in the ring with her and I learned a lot.
- Favorite Type of Match: I prefer one-on-one singles matches. Sometimes mixed-tags can be fun as well.
- Favorite Moves/Holds: German Suplex; Flying forearms; various submission holds.
- Finisher: Russian Reverse Leg Sweep.
- Biggest Allies: Taylor; Chris Daniels; American Dragon; Mariko Yoshida; Akino; and the gang at APW.
- Most Hated Enemies: I have had my share of battles with Nikki and Looney Lane, but battles are only kept in the ring. Out of the ring, they’re both professional and talented wrestlers.
- Career Highlight: My biggest career highlight is being selected by Arsion, along with Taylor, to tour Japan for three months. This is truly by biggest career highlight and my best life experience. We were brought to Japan to be re-trained in the Japanese style of wrestling and to compete as Team US Invasion along with Bionic J.
- Favorite Wrestlers: WWE: Chris Benoit; Indy: Chris Daniels; Manager: "Style & Substance" Jason Deadrich.
- Wrestling Ambition: I truly have been blessed in the business. I have accomplished a lot, and I still feel like I have a ways to go. I thank the people who have believed in me right from the get go, and I know that they are proud of me. I intend to continue training with Arsion and All Pro Wrestling. My journey isn't over yet, it's just beginning.
Cheerleader Melissa's Personal Notes...
I've been living in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2000 and it's been one of the best experiences of my life. Everybody at APW has been wonderfully supportive, I'm receiving great training and, most importantly, tons of ring time.....When I'm not training, you'll find me in the City shopping or just hanging out with my close friends.....I look forward to moving to San Francisco in the future.
Visitors to this page.
"Criticism should always leave people with the feeling that they have been helped." -- Unknown