a.k.a. Queen of Kingsport, Tennessee
Tall, blonde and beautiful, Misty James took an unusual route to the wrestling ring. The former high school All-American athlete certainly had the physical attributes to compete in the ring. Still, she was content to simply watch and enjoy the local wrestling shows as a fan sitting at ringside. But then after teaming-up with her wrestler husband, Beau James, as a last minute fill-in during a mixed tag match, she was hooked! Now Misty is one of the top prospects on the Mid-South women's indy scene. You can expect a big future for this sexy ring dazzler!
Misty James' Stats...
- Height: 5' 9"
- Weight: 145
- Hair: Blonde
- Eyes: Blue
- Hometown: Fall Branch/Kingsport, Tennessee (USA)
Misty James' Profile...
- How It Started: My step dad was a referee and an announcer. We were always at the matches when I was a kid. When I was 13 I met a wrestler named Beau James. I was in love! But he never would even look my way. Years later, I went to the matches with my sister and I guess Beau liked the grown-up Misty! We have been together since that day.
My first time ever in the ring was Thanksgiving Night 2006 when I married Beau after the matches.
In the summer of 2007, Beau's long-time friend and promoter James Hines was promoting matches at a North Carolina fair with a couple of girls booked. Three days before the event, they canceled. We could not find any girls that were available to fill-in. Mr. Hines said: "Your wife is booked...get another girl." Beau was against that idea. He didn't want me involved in wrestling. Mr. Hines told him that we had a contract with the fair and that a women's match was promised. So next thing I know, I'm a pro wrestler! But once I was in the ring I was hooked. We had a mixed-tag and the next day I started training full-time. I NEVER thought I would ever be a wrestler. I never really had the desire. But funny things happen.
I also would like to say this: Wrestling is the hardest thing I have ever done. It is nothing like people think! I was an All American softball player in High School. I was voted by coaches the outfielder of the year in all of Virginia my senior year. I had also played basketball and track. I thought wrestling can't be that hard. WAS I wrong. In wrestling you use every part of your body including your mind in ways you would never in other sports.
When I told Beau I wanted to be a full time wrestler, he was against it. After I convinced him, he said: "OK...but no favoritism. You have to be treated just like the rest. If I'm easy on you everyone will hate you." So the first day I got in the ring with my husband I was thinking he would say: "Walk through this, grab like this, do this..." NOPE. He grabbed me, took me to the mat, and tied me in a knot! I broke my ankle the first day. But after I got off the crutches I went right back into the ring.
Wrestling is my love now. Along with wrestling, Beau and I also promote towns, produce a weekly TV program and everything else involved in day to day operations of a wrestling promotion.
- Wrestling Style: Classic.
- Gear: I mostly wear black and blue, to match my boots.
- Titles Held: SSW Rookie of The Year; Southern States Ladies Champion.
- Biggest Win: Beating Rebecca Lynn in Oct. 2009 in Chapmanville, WV to win the Southern States Ladies Title.
- Worst Loss: Not sure. I guess all hurt. But I take them as a lesson learned.
- Favorite Type of Match: I like singles and mixed-tags with my husband, Beau James.
- Favorite Moves/Holds: I don't really have a favorite. But I do like the old-time holds you don't see much anymore.
- Finisher: I use the bulldog and cross body off the top rope a lot.
- Biggest Allies: My husband, Beau James; my fans that come out and support me.
- Most-Hated Enemies: Rebecca Lynn; Jamie Gibson; Rock-N-Roll Rock C; Nicole Star.
- Toughest Opponent(s): Tasha Simone.
- Career Highlight: Being on TV. I never thought I would be on TV!
- Favorite Wrestlers: I rarely watch WWE or TNA. My favorites come from my childhood. I loved Dusty Rhodes and Jimmy Valiant. Favorite women are Sherri Martel and Debbie Combs. Now I would have to include my husband Beau James!
- Wrestling Ambition: To continue what I am doing and get better at it...without getting hurt too badly!
Misty James' Personal Notes...
I was born and raised in a small town in Virginia and now live in a small town in Tennessee. I'm a country girl at heart!.....I played softball in high school and was All-State outfielder four times. In 1998, my senior year, I was an All-American.....Bet you didn't know that I'm a certified chef. Are you hungry?!.....I love to travel. Before I ever started wrestling, I went with Beau to events. We crossed the U.S. four times in three years. I love the Rocky Mountains.....Beau and I are very active in our church....I am a HUGE Virginia Tech, Chicago Cubs and Tennessee Titans fan.....I enjoy classic country music, going to Nashville and hanging on Broadway.....I also love Memphis, Seattle, Denver and all of Idaho.